Friday, July 15, 2011

Are you lucky?

In my experience there are two commonalities associated with luck: hard work and the ability to recognize opportunity when it is staring you right in the face.  Here are some of my favorite quotes on luck:
  1. I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. Thomas Jefferson
  2. Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. Seneca
  3. Diligence is the mother of good luck. Benjamin Franklin
  4. We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don’t like? Jean Cocteau
  5. Luck is believing you’re lucky.” Tennessee Williams  
  6. People always call it luck when you’ve acted more sensibly than they have. Anne Tyler
  7. There is no luck except where there is discipline. Irish Proverb
  8. Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure. Earl Wilson
  9. One-half of life is luck; the other half is discipline – and that’s the important half, for without discipline you wouldn’t know what to do with luck. Carl Zuckmayer
  10. I think luck is the sense to recognize an opportunity and the ability to take advantage of it… The man who can smile at his breaks and grab his chances gets on.  Samuel Goldwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment